Caffeine, especially found in coffee, has many hidden effects on our biology.
- Within 10 minutes of ingesting one cup of coffee there is a 52% reduction in blood flow to the brain
- Fight or flight activation for 3-6 weeks, lower IQ centers of the brain are activated as well as hormonal systems in control of aggression, violence, irrational and illogical decision making, jealousy, rage, anger, fear and paranoia
- Brain imaging studies of chronic coffee drinkers, showed they presented the same degradation of their brains as chronic alcoholics, cigarette smokers, Parkinson's patients and marijuana users
- Caffeine causes deficiencies in iron, calcium, magnesium, b vitamins and zinc
- Caffeine raises homocysteine levels in the blood, increasing heart attach and stroke risk
- Coffee is a Class 2B Carcinogen like Lead and DDT
A short list of side effects of coffee and caffeine - enlarged prostate, high anxiety, insomnia, depression, birth defects, pain syndromes, unnatural breathing patterns, brain damage, hyperactivity, learning disorders, behavior disorders, fatigue, certain types of cancer, Crohns Disease, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, heart disease, headaches, PMS, increased incidence of muscle and tendon injury, joint pain and more.
- Caffeine decreases vitamin D receptor protein expression and 1,25(OH)2D3 stimulated alkaline phosphatase activity in human osteoblast cells.
- Chilling pictures reveal shocking effects of alcohol, cigarettes and even caffeine on the mind
- Coffee Consumption and Serum Lipids: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials
- Interactions between dietary calcium and caffeine consumption on calcium metabolism in hypertensive humans
- Caffeine and human cerebral blood flow: a positron emission tomography study
- Caffeine and the central nervous system: mechanisms of action, biochemical, metabolic and psychostimulant effects.
- Effects of Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate and Stress on Hippocampal Electrophysiological Plasticity
- Caffeine enhances the physiological response to occupational stress in medical students
- Increased anxiogenic effects of caffeine in panic disorders.
- Stress-like adrenocorticotropin responses to caffeine in young healthy men.
- Chronic caffeine or theophylline exposure reduces gamma-aminobutyric acid/benzodiazepine receptor site interactions.
- Caffeine and light effects on nighttime melatonin and temperature levels in sleep-deprived humans.
- Acute effects of dietary caffeine and sucrose on urinary mineral excretion of healthy adolescents
- Caffeine reduces low-frequency delta activity in the human sleep EEG.
- Preferential effects of caffeine on limbic and cortical dopamine systems.
- Using spider-web patterns to determine toxicity
- nteraction between quinolones and caffeine.
- Caffeine intake and the risk of kidney stones
- The effect of dietary caffeine on urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, chloride and zinc in healthy males
- Coffee consumption and plasma total homocysteine: The Hordaland Homocysteine Study.